Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with The Frosted Chick, the buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- Our products are handmade and subject to slight variations (including color, size and finish), as well as availability of decorative elements such as toy figurines, fresh floral and fresh fruit
- All weights, recommended servings and sizes are approximations only
- We reserve the rights to substitute, change, accept or reject any orders or cake designs. Slight changes to design may be made, depending on the cake size and add ons, as we deem fit for practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Wording and add ons will be placed / piped as per cake decorator deems fit, unless otherwise requested in comments box / specified in order.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by THE FROSTED CHICK, at the time order is placed. Payment must be completed within 48hours for quote to remain valid, unless otherwise agreed on.
- We do not do mock ups / drawings of customised cake designs. Photo reference of past work may be provided on request, subject to availability.
Cancellation or Change to order
- Order cancellations are not allowed after order is placed.
- In cases where due notice is given, exceptions may be made, subject to management approval. A cancellation charge of 50% may apply. The remaining amount will be turned into store credit. Strictly no refunds will be made.
- Store Credit Terms and Conditions: Vouchers for store credit will be issued with a one month validity. Orders must be placed before expiry to successfully utilise the code (Date of collection/delivery chosen can be after expiry date). Voucher codes are for one-time use only and cannot be split into smaller values for use on separate orders.
Collection and Delivery
- Balance payment (if any) is by cash only. Exact cash must be prepared for the driver on delivery.
- Changes in collection or delivery time is subject to available slots. Delivery surcharge may apply for last minute changes.
- Changes from collection to a delivery is also subject to the availability of slots. Regular delivery charges and surcharge for last minute booking may apply
- The recipient of the cake is wholly responsible for checking that the order specifications of the cake (including provisions of knives, candles, wording, decorations) are correct and in good condition. Any defect or incorrect design/size must be raised to the staff on shift / delivery man so rectification can be made. We will not be liable for any error or damage after collection is made / delivery completed.
- If there is no one present to receive the order during the delivery time slot chosen, a 10-minute waiting period will apply. After that, the driver may leave the items at an agreed location (such as in front of the door). We will not be responsible for the conditions of these items.
- If the driver is unable to contact the recipient after the 10 minute period, the order will be returned to the shop. You may choose to self collect or arrange for re-delivery (regular delivery fees will apply, subject to available slots)
- Our delivery provider cannot be held liable for reasonable delay due to factors beyond our control (e.g. unexpected traffic conditions.)
- Our delivery provider reserves the right to reject the delivery to restricted areas (including road blocks).
- We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the company behind the trademarked characters. The Frosted Chick does not create fondant toppers of trademarked characters. We do, however, buy toy toppers to use on our cake designs, under the rights of the “first sale doctrine”.
Storage for cakes and cupcakes
- Buttercream cakes are best consumed at room temperature and will be hard when cold.
- Cakes should leave our shop relatively cold so that it is safe for transportation, hence please cater for thaw time (of about 2 hours) before serving. If your cake cutting is soon after collection, inform us so we can make the necessary arrangement.
- It may be stored at aircon temperature(18-22°C) for up to 4-6 hours.
- Refrigeration of cakes with fondant toppers is NOT RECOMMENDED. If you need to refrigerate a cake with fondant, it must be taken out to a cold aircon temperature (instead of room temp straight away) to minimize condensation. Condensation can occur when the change in temperature is too great.
- Once cut, best kept in airtight container.
- Consume within 3 days
- To earn reward points, you must create an account and be logged in before placing your order. In-store rewards card and online rewards points are separate and cannot be transferred
- Reward points currently do not have an expiry date, but this may be implemented in the future.
- Discount codes are not transferable for Cash
The Frosted Chick reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.